Monday, 25 February 2013

Little update

Hey hey hey bloggeraptors just thought I would pop my melon in and say hellooooo ;-)
Just preparing for my final part of my birthday gift which is the trip to Amsterdam woo hoo I have been before and enjoyed it, it is a very cosmopolitan place for people who have never been.
I've packed my case (one pair of underpants right) only joking I'm going for three nights so its defiantly two ;-).
Looking at the weather it's pretty similar to us in the uk at the moment so it's not going to be a great shock to the system so it's pretty straight forward,we have got a lot planned for the next three days with museums,places of interest and erm hookers mwhahahaha!,shhhhhhh don't tell everyone ;-)
In other news had a Nice chilled day today (Monday) went into town to get some bits and bobs for said trip, then went for lunch at bistro franc's which is a French restaurant and is fantastic ;-) very quaint and chilled they do a three course lunch for £9.95 so that with a little peroni was just the ticket.
We then wandered down to Tate modern Liverpool where there is an exhibition on glam rock, the music, the art, and the film of that era, now don't get me wrong there is a lot of great stuff that came out of the 70s some of the music was immense and so influential for example,
People scoff at slade,the sweet,and such over the top bands! but there music was and is the basis for so much of the stuff that is around today,and before you say yeah whatever I'm talking there chord structures there lyrics and just the way that there songs had a start middle and end, so hats off;-) BUT and here's the BUT some of the art and video stuff even for me was like WTF really!!! and as for Andy Warhol (asshole more like) I really don't get what all the fuss is about and as you know I'm not going to sit here and jump on a bandwagon of other people who profess to like his stuff when all it is is overhyped ridiculously simplified balls that anyone could do!!?, talk about right place right time (I'm sorry I do digress ) it just infuriates me when I see such garbage portrayed as masterpieces. Now my views are neither right or wrong just my opinion ;-) anyhoo rant over ha ha. Right I shall leave you be I'm Amsterdam bound in a few hours but I shall leave you with three good things and a wick

Three good things
(1) bistro francs for lunch
(2) Amsterdam n a few hrs
(3) 70s music

Wick thing
(1) Andy Warhol #overatedamericanartistwithallthetalentofadeadhedeghog
I thankyou love yer lots

Dave Rockin ;-) bye voor nu zal ik zie dat je in het weekend
Ps added a picture of lunch today x

No comments:

Post a Comment